CNC milling is the most commen CNC machining operations which involves using multi-point rotary cutters to remove material from a workpiece.There are two main types of milling operations: face milling and peripheral milling. Face milling cuts flat surfaces into the work piece and flat-bottomed cavities. The feed can be either horizontal or vertical. Peripheral milling cuts deep slots, threads, and gear teeth. When it comes to complex cnc machining parts , it depends on mixed cnc processing technology but not a single machining process. If you have a custom part to develop, please send us an email to email@example.com to GET A FREE QUOTE.
Gallery of CNC Milling Parts
How Does CNC Milling Work?
Today, CNC milling machines are available in vertical and horizontal models, which feature different operations and components, as well as a few similar pieces of hardware:
● Cutter: Shapes the product.
● Spindle: Rotates the chuck across multiple axes.
● Chuck: Locks your material in place for machining.
● Interface: Reads computer-aided design (CAD) or computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) files and controls the milling machine with operator input.
Operations of CNC milling centers will adhere to a few core steps, including:
● Input CAD or CAM document
● Install machining material and appropriate cutter
● Launch milling operation via the interface
● Inspect product quality post-machining
● While shaping a material into a product, the spindle will move across the Z, Y and X axes. A five-axis milling center will cross other axes.
Advantages of CNC Milling
Like other types of computer numerical controls for machining applications, CNC milling offers several benefits, including:
● Accuracy: Whether you're producing an initial prototype or final product, you can trust the item will match the measurements dictated in your CAD or CAM file. That level of precision gives you several advantages, including improved productivity and lowered material waste. It also maximizes your costs for machining the hardware.
● Versatility: The availability of vertical and horizontal CNC milling machines, as well as CNC milling centers in multiple axes, offers excellent versatility. As a result, they can handle projects with varying complexities and parameters with precision. Many milling machines also feature essential accessories, such as through-spindle coolant.
● Reproducibility: No matter how you're applying CNC, whether for turning, lathing or drilling, you can count on the machines to produce your product per your CAD or CAM file every time. That leads to benefits similar to those offered by the accuracy of CNC milling centers, such as decreased waste and increased efficiency.
Many milling machines also utilize a control display that's intuitive, which means faster adoption rates and fewer learning curves.
Applications of CNC Milling Machines
Due to their versatility, CNC milling machines produce several items, including:
● Ball joints
● Valve bodies
Trust Experienced Precision CNC Milling Expertise for Your Components
At The PROMETAL CNC Co., our precision custom CNC machining and milling expertise encompasses more than ten years. Our knowledge of custom CNC milling, as well as our competitive prices and quick turnarounds for not only CNC milling but also painting, fabrication and assembly, make us a respected partner and choice for organizations of every size,. We're ISO 9001 certified, too, assuring you of our commitment to exceptional quality and service.
Trust the experience of PROMETAL CNC Co., for all of your precision cnc milling needs. We offer long term solutions for all of your custom machining needs. To learn more contact us today.
When it comes to machining parts, there are a lot of variables. PROMETAL CNC Co. can help you determine the best way to have your parts made. Contact us for help with your requirements.We combine the latest CNC milling and turning processes with proprietary technology to deliver high quality, on-demand parts. Our typical tolerance accuracy ranges from +/-0.001" to +/-0.005" for metal ,depending on customer specs.
Contact: Allen Lee
Phone: +86 13412343060
Add: Room 401, 4th Floor, No.23, 7 Lane, Jinxin street, Chang’an Town, Dongguan City, Guangdong Provice, China